Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kicks.

So I waited forever to feel this little girl move. I used to drink juice and lie down just to see if I could feel her squirming. But it didn't happen when I was trying to feel her. That's not to say that I remember the very first time she moved, because I was pretty sure I was feeling her for a while before I was positive. Anyway, now that time has gone on and her little punches and kicks have gotten stronger, there's been the occasional kick that's caused discomfort. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling her move and would rather have her giving me uncomfortable kicks than none at all, but those kicks to the bladder with their resulting sensation that leaves me with my legs crossed, hoping she'll pick a new place to move, are not fun during class. And today, while I was at work, she kicked my ribs. I had heard this was uncomfortable from other friends, but I was not expecting the sharp, tingling sensation that caused me to jolt upright in my seat. I'm sure it's only going to get more and more intense as the days and weeks pass, and even though her little kicks may cause occasional discomfort, it's probably the best uncomfortable feeling I've ever felt.



What's the most uncomfortable feeling you've had as a result of your little one's movements?

5 comments:

  1. So, I'm not quite as far along as you, so I probably have a lot less experience, but the worst thing I felt was I swear my baby kicked me in the kidney and sent a shooting pain through my back and side. It was awful! Most of the time though it's pretty fun. I always talk to my baby or try to interact with it when I can feel movement, because I figure little one's awake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, feeling the baby move is hands down the best part of being pregnant. Ohh and I totally know that feeling! Every now and then I will still get that same jolt. The room in there gets smaller and smaller the further along you get. It is so cute to know that they are stretching and swirling and rolling around. The most painful movements I feel is when my little guy gabs my right lung. Never ever my left just my right. Another one is I can feel him put pressure on my intestines and that is really weird and uncomfortable. It is amazing to see how our bodies make room for our little ones to grow for 9 months and how safe and sound they are in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling your baby move is probably the best part of being pregnant. I really miss that. It's not until they get out and you can see what they're doing that you realize that those were the movements you were feeling. I remember that with Tyler he used to kick my ribs with such force that it would surprise me and make me gasp for air. It wasn't too bad except for when it happened during church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Liam it was interesting, because he was stuck in a breech position, with no room to move around because of lack of amniotic fluid for weeks, that I didn't find out about until the last few hours before he was born. So his head was stuck up and to the right side of me, his butt was down, and his feet were up and to the left. For the last 6 or 7 weeks I only felt kicks in that one spot on my left, so my stretch marks are all on that side, it looks hideous! haha. But that meant that I never once felt a kick to my ribs. I was actually concerned about that, and told my doctor I was concerned I hadn't felt any kicks to my ribs, she didn't think anything of it though. Since his head was up, I kept thinking it was his butt, and I would pat it and hit it when it moved. Now I feel bad that I was actually hitting his head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the most uncomfortable feeling I felt during pregnancy was when the baby would kick at my cervix. That was always interesting ;)

    But like you said, It's the best uncomfortable feeling :)

    ReplyDelete