Tuesday, November 9, 2010

DONE.

I'm posting this here because I really want to complain and my husband is at school. Plus this blog is all about pregnancy, so even though no one is going to want to read this, I'm posting it.

I am only 33w3d. Now, I know that means my due date is in less than 7 weeks, but it also means that I have a little over 6 weeks to go (ish...). The problem is that I am already miserable!

I'm emotional wreck since I've been on bed rest, mostly because I feel useless.
I have heartburn ALL the time.
My nausea has come back; usually in the middle of the night and in the morning.
Sleeping is almost impossible with the heartburn and constant having to pee.
My back hurts pretty much all the time, unless I'm lying in just the right position

I've been feeling this way for a little while now, so why did I decide to post about it today?

Last night:
I went to bed like normal; it was about 11 and I took some tums right as I laid down and had 4 more on my dresser for when I woke up with the horrible heart burn. 12:30 rolls around and I wake up with heart burn. Normal; I sit up, chew 2 tums and lie back down. 2 rolls around, same story, only I really had to pee, so I got up and peed and then took my 2 tums. 4 am rolls around, and if you've been counting, you know that I'm out of tums on my dresser. I woke up with heartburn and the slight urge to pee, but I really didn't feel like getting up. So, I rolled over and got the hugest wave of nausea and heartburn. I immediately sat up because of how intense the nausea was, I got up and half-ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet before throwing up...whatever was in my stomach. To top it off, my bladder control isn't the greatest so I definitely peed while throwing up. Once I was done barfing, my mouth tasted awful so I rinsed/gargled with mouth wash, and then got in the shower, since I had peed all over myself. Don't forget, it's 4am. Finally, I got out and dried off. I stumbled my way back to our bed room and got on some clean clothes before getting back into bed and shivering/listening to my husband snore until I fell asleep (which I swear was at least an hour later...).

Anyway, that's my rant. I'm ready to be done. But I know I need to keep the baby in as long as I can...

8 comments:

  1. Joy that sounds awful!!!!! I am so sorry. :-( That baby better come early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! Pregnancy should not be so long because it gets so difficult at the end. I know it has to be that way so you are willing to go through any pain to get that baby out, but I sure wish it didn't have to be that way. You can do it! Keep that baby in as long as possible to finish cooking! Plus you won't sleep either way! And I definitely had the throwing up and wetting myself problem at the end... Pregnancy does wonderful things to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joy, I am so, so, so very sorry. I do not have sympathy for you but empathy... My pregnancies were much the same. Bed rest for nearly all of Kasey, the first and last trimesters of Avery. I vomited to the point of blacking out because I couldn't catch my breath with Kasey and peed MANY times! :( My only offer of comfort is that LITERALLY not even a full hour after giving birth of every one of my children, I felt almost 100% better. The pregnancy hormone that is making you feel this way leaves with passing the placenta and I promise, by the time you go home from the hospital, you will feel so much better. I think it makes newborns easier for women with pregnancies like us too, just between you and me. ;) Love you to pieces... feel free to txt me any time and vent. I'm up in the night anyway... stupid insomnia. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your frustration. I spent 2 hours at the doctors office with Courtney today as they did a non stress test and then after that the doctor didn't like what he saw and then sent her to the hospital. There we spent another 4 plus hours doing another non stress test and waiting for an ultra sound. If everything looked good we could go home, if not Courtney had to do a stress test where they would give her pitocin to cause contractions to see how the baby's heart would handle all of this. This is what happened last Friday. Today she was lucky. I can't wait until Friday;s appointment. Just hang in there. The end product is worth it all. love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry. Not fun at all.
    I totally remember nights throwing up in the bathroom, to the music of Tyler's snores, and cursing in my head.
    It'll all be over soon and you'll hold your precious little one, and life will be wonderful.
    Keep resting.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is pretty miserable! It was 33 weeks for me when things began to get uncomfortable and annoying. For heartburn there are other natural things that you can do to relief it when tums just aren't doing the job. I can't remember if I already told you the secrets but email me if you need some "recipes".

    I am sorry it isn't fun at this point. I hope it gets better for you! And dang it this baby better have lots and lots of hair!!! ahhahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain! I hated bedrest, I always felt like I should be doing SOMETHING productive, plus it was hard for me to have help doing everything. I remember my mom saying that I was being productive and that I was doing something good by keeping the babies inside me lol. Its true though. It will all feel worth it when you hold her for the first time I promise. But throwing up sucks...I don't know how you did it for so long and are still having nausea problems. I had food poisoning last night and threw up twice...its traumatic. You're in my prayers girl!

    ReplyDelete